The Cheat Sheet by Sarah Adams is your new smutty book on the block ✅
I can promise that in 48 hours, you will snavel this novel up and will be continuing on your book buying binge for ALL other Sarah Adams books. (click me and you can see them 😉)
Bree and Nathan have been best friends since high school. Nathan dreamt of becoming an NFL superstar and Bree dreamt of becoming a professional ballet dancer. Sadly, only one of their dreams came true. After having a few years apart in collage, Nathan and Bree have reconnected and their friendship is stronger than ever. It is also particularly threatening to any of the women Nathan’s chooses to dates, mainly as all of these woman can see the unrequited love between the two of them that neither care to admit.
This friends to lovers trope takes a great turn when Nathan’s celebrity stardom approves of Bree as a potential cutesy girlfriend after yet another breakup goes wrong. Que, the two of them in a fake relationship and oh how this is entertaining to read!
Okay positives and contrary aspects:
- Written as if the author is talking to you in conversation which makes the novel extremely easy to read
- Friends to lovers trope
- Characters are really warm and loveable
- Dual perspective
- Bree is so quirky and cute that she is what every girls dreams the main character is in these smutty novels (… or maybe that’s just what I enjoy reading!)
- The whole premise of this book happens over quite a short period of time
- Not a lot of depth to the environment or back story of each character. I wanted a little more historical detail surrounding Bree and Nathan’s teenage years and friendship bond back then
- Wasn’t long enough … I was invested 🤗
- There wasn’t a big dramatic peak as there usually is in 80% of novels in this genre. I was kind of waiting for a big secret to be exposed or a disagreement to happen over something minuscule and then have the main characters make up … but it didn’t really happen. In a way this was kind of a positive as the character’s didn’t resent, argue or disagree with one another. The novel just ended in a peachy kind way which was warm and fuzzy.
All in all, this smutty read is perfect for a rainy day, with a nice hot cup of tea!
Purchase or download your copy via this link: The Cheat Sheet by Sarah Adams
2 thoughts on “💫 Mini Review 💫”
A smutty novel? You know I’ve been waiting for this review. It’s going on the list. Thanks for sharing, Mel!
LikeLiked by 1 person